Sunday, May 13, 2018

To My Mother



This fabulous poem written by a mere child fits my sentiments towards my mother perfectly. I know you're happy in heaven Mom but you know you're thought about daily and I'm looking forward to the day when we will once again be reunited as mother and child. Love, Evelyn, the Castle Lady!

by Laurel L. Hoye, age 8

You are like an everlasting friendship.
You are like a secret almost
too wonderful to keep.
You are like the beginning, end and everything
in between.
You are like a spring shower.
You are like the sun shining on me and
keeping me warm.
You are like a wild flower in a meadow.
You are like a very knowledgeable volume
of encyclopedias.
You are like you and I love you.





1 comment:

dellgirl said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Evelyn (for your mother who is forever in your heart). She is always with you I know. The poem is beautiful, I love it. That little person really hit a home run with that.

Wishing you a great week ahead.