Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Yesterday was National Food Day...

     I made spaghetti last night and it made me think of this particular strip. Mind you, I tend to be a neatnik so I always manage to keep things pretty clean and I never slurp up a whole pile of spaghetti no matter how hungry I am. I always use my fork to wrap the spaghetti around and make a good mouthful of each bite. I also can't have spaghetti without Italian sausage. It doesn't seem right without it. So I have it going on when it comes to proper eating of this classic dish.
     To be honest, it's cleaning up after that is the real rigamarole. It's crazy what it takes to make a simple dish. I end up cleaning just about every pan, colander, frying pan etc. I own! Not only that but I promise you that if you do spaghetti dinners right you will be cleaning your kitchen for days if you're conscientious like me about getting everything clean. I don't have to wonder why I have never made a habit of eating a lot of spaghetti meals. As much as I love them I have to have my energy up to get to that! 
     I have to say this also: It's always worth it, anyway! Umumum um!

Just ask Addie!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To get the full comic strip just click on it. I don't know why it isn't displaying the entire strip. It did when I first put it up. Anyway, that way you can read the whole thing. It doesn't quite make sense without it does it ?

The Castle Lady

Timelesslady said...

Timely post for me, I'm having ten family members for dinner on Thursday night...spaghetti with meatballs. By the time I make the sauce, the meatballs, dessert, yes, many pans are used. I also like the comic strip. Brought back memories of watching old, very old, Blondie reruns on television...in black and white.